Sunday, August 25, 2013

Searching for love!!

So nearly twelve months ago I made a decision that changed my life forever.  I left my secure and well known employment of twelve months to being a new challenge and adventure.  That of being a foster parent (kinship carer) and uncle to my nephew. 

This change has been amazingly full on and at times has pushed right to the edge of almost running away for good.

Most recently a close friend of mine, in fact the friend who saved my life, said to me, you realise these changes are forever and you are now a parent to your nephew.  You're going to be their role model, their support, and the person they rely on for their basic needs.  My friend went on to tell me that I need to realise that any relationship I have requires that person to be willing to come on this journey with me. At this stage my jaw dropped and I truly did realise the life changing impact this decision I made last September had.

WOW!! Although I'd already experienced rejection by many guys because I have a child in my care not to mention a child with high needs.  This really cemented for me that it's possible my decision and change in life means i might be single forever!! Fark!! Scary stuff...that's for sure!!

But that said I life in hope that eventually I will meet the right guy to join me on this journey. Who knows?  I just need to put it out there to the universe that I'm looking for a guy with many awesome characteristics the most of be willing to share a journey with me caring for my beautiful nephew!

What I need right now is: Patience, Love, Understanding and Compassion!!

No comments: