Saturday, August 30, 2008

no expectations...what does it mean?

For some time now I've been contemplating the whole meaning of no expectations...particularly since coming back from my sister's wedding and experiencing meeting and dating guys again...this topic has always been one to confuse me somewhat but also been one i thought i could deal with. Let me tell you it's been a rough road but today i got one step closer to fully grasping and understanding the concept....I was watching a movie...Love Actually...yes I love a romantic movie...but anyway in one particular scene where the best man (from the wedding at the beginning of the movie) is telling his friend's wife how much he loves her by holding up pieces of cardboard....on one card he uses the following words "...Just for now without any agenda or hope I say..."

those were the word that made the penny drop...i madly messaged my friend and told her my thoughts in relation to this and how this summarised no expectations. Her response was...and enjoying the moment for what it is. Don't analyse just be in the moment completely. So I'm getting to grips with this and I'm confident this will help assist in improving my relationships and friendships as things go along.

I am in the process of creating an affirmation to help me reinforce this in my life.

No comments: