Tuesday, July 15, 2008

another chance...an opportunity

through out our lives we are offered many opportunities to move forward from experiences and challenges that have beset us...sometimes we struggle to see that opportunity/chance and grasp it with both hands and run with it. I know many times my friends and family have offered me opportunities/chances to move forward in my life. I haven't always been the most gracious and thankful person in some of these times or I've been blind to where I'm at and i've thrown it back in there face.

Thankfully over the past six - twelves month of my journey of discovery that I've been on, I've learnt a lot about being more gracious, compassionate and thankful for these things. I've learnt to let go of things that have taunted and hurt me and said sorry to those i've upset, offended or hurt.

After my sister's wedding I was looking at the pictures and wandering who the happy smiling , confident stranger was staring back at me from the some of the photos...then I realised it was me.

I am grateful and thankful for the friends, family and people who I've had the privilege of sharing this journey with and all the encouragement, patience, compassion and gratitude you have shown.

Don't hesitate, take another chance and an opportunity as they present themselves.

No comments: