Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here I am!!!

I watched The Devil Wears Prada on the weekend...I hear a small bit of a song during the movie which the words rung true with me...

I'm too shy to show you my vunerable side
I'm too near to make it clear emotional suicide
Is this love I'm thinking of I know that
Close the latch I can't attach I'm sure that

Here I am, I can't give you anything
Here I stand, I can't turn away
Here I am, don't want to cause you pain
Here I stand, alone and on my own again.

So I found the soundtrack for the movie and worked out what the song was called...tonight I actually listened to it all the way through...I found the words ring ring true of me sometimes and well most mear human beings...the truth is...

I have a vulnerable side and it's my choice about whether I show it or not - I choose to show some people and others I don't. I do give everything...sometimes to the wrong things generally to the right things...i don't always turn away when i should...I don't like causing people pain...i generally stand alone and on my own.

but the flip side is...I show you my vulnerable side...it means I trust you and know you won't do me no harm...I give everything to those I trust, love and care for...I don't turn away from those who are close to me...I do sometimes forget to look you up or give you a call or email...but I still care for you and love you...I don't like conflict/pain...if you hurt...I hurt!...As for standing alone...I don't usually stand alone...I stand as a person proud of who I am and the journey I've been on...and excited about the journey ahead...I may venture forth on my own...but I am never alone... I have each of you in my heart and mind...you are near and dear.

So I'm philosophical...I am deep but at the same time shallow and not so transparent...but I do love, care and I'm excited about what the future holds for each and everyone of us

Be excited...be true..be compassionate, patient and kind...most of all be without judgement

No comments: